Tuesday, January 22, 2008

You could be happy...

With every month that passes

Every week

Every day

Every hour and every second

With each passing moment in time I think of you less

I’m forgetting what we had

Forgetting who we were

Forgetting the hurt

But still find forgiving you impossible

It’s been harder then I could have ever imagined

Trying to forgive someone for something you do not fully comprehend

I think the hardest part about moving forward, are the moments that bring you right back

The ones that break your heart all over again

The trigger can be simple

A scent, a song, or words you once spoke to me

Words are the hardest to forget

Words leave an imprint in your memory

So when you hear them again

It stings for a moment or two

Letting go is difficult but I’m learning it’s the only way

The funny thing is, even after everything, after all the hurt

I wish you well

I truly hope that you are happy

And if being with her makes you that way, so be it

It’s a funny thing, wishing someone happiness after they caused you so much pain

It’s almost freeing in a sense

Like letting go of a piece of yourself you tried so desperately to hold onto

As much as I want for you to hurt, the way that you hurt me

I know it simply isn’t true

You could be happy

And I won’t know

I know what we had

And I know what we lost

I don’t believe that you do, not right now.

One day though, I’m fairly certain that you will

But by then…

It will be too late.

No comments: